Plan set descriptions
What’s in a Plan Set?
1. Exterior elevations – Included are front, rear, left and right side views of the exterior of the house. Exterior materials, construction details and measurements are also noted.
2. Foundation Plan – Includes layout of foundation support walls, plus excavated and unexcavated areas, if applicable.
3. Detailed Floor Plans – These plans show the layout of each floor of the house, including room dimensions, window and doors sizes and keys for cross section details provided later in the plans. Engineered floor joist, ceiling joist and roof plans are not included in some plans. Local engineers or manufacturing engineers are widely available to supply the services that apply to local geographic conditions.
4. Interior Details – These drawings show the specific details and design of special interior features.
5. Roof Plan – Includes the overall layout for roof construction. If trusses are used, we recommend using a local truss manufacturer to ensure compliance with local codes and regulations.
6. Cross Section Details – Important changes in floor, ceiling and roof heights or the relationship of one level to another are called out. Exterior details such as railing and banding may also be shown.
7. Electrical – Electrical floor plan schematics for 1st and 2nd floors.
Study Sets are not available.
Available Plan Set Types:
5 Set Blueprints (non-reproducible)
CAD (modifiable, printable
(All plans are licensed for one-time build, re-use fees apply)
1. Turnaround – Because you are placing your order directly with the designer, plans can be shipped quickly. Orders placed before 2 pm EST will typically ship digitally the same day. Some restrictions apply.
2. Exchange policy – Returns are not acceptable. If you find that the plan you purchased does not meet your needs, you may exchange it for another plan in our collection within 60 days of the original purchase. Exchanges occur a processing fee of 20% of the total amount of the original order plus the difference in price between the plans (if applicable). PLANS ON CDs, VELLUMS OR BOND COPIES THAT HAVE BEEN DISMANTLED, CANNOT BE EXCHANGED. All sets must be returned and authorization given before exchange can take place. Please call if you have any questions.
3. Disclaimer – The designers have put substantial care and effort into the creation of these plans. The designers authorize the use of their plans on the express condition that you strictly comply with all local building codes, zoning requirements and other applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. Because the designers cannot provide on-site consultation, supervision or control over actual construction, and because of the great variance in local building requirements, practices and soil, seismic, weather and other conditions, THE DESIGNERS CANNOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT OR USE OF THEIR PRINTS OR VELLUMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4. IGNORING COPYRIGHT LAWS CAN BE A $1,000,000 MISTAKE! – US copyright laws allow for statutory penalties up to $150,000 per incident for copyright infringement involving any of the copyrighted plans bought from Garrell Associates, Inc. The law can be confusing. So, for your own protection, take the time to understand what you can and cannot do when it comes to home plans.
5. What you CAN NOT do – You cannot duplicate house plans.
- You cannot copy any part of a home plan or brochure to create another.
- You cannot build a home without purchasing a set with a license to build.
- You cannot build multiple homes from the same set of plans without a re-use license.
- Drawing or CAD files are licensed to one customer only and may not be resold or transferred for the construction of additional houses.
- The copyrighted material on the brochures in our publications and on our website may not be used by any party to re-design or derive from in whole or part.
Doing so without first purchasing the associated working drawings is Federal Copyright Infringement.
If you have any questions please contact us at: 1 (888) 814-1494